"VISION 2000 BY 2020"
Empowering the youth is one of core values of Azuka and Ify Foundation. In doing this we help the youths to discover their talent, potential / passions and also help them to facilitate it.
However it is high time for our youths to define for themselves who they are and how they want to make a change in their lives, their families, communities, their country and their world.
Azuka and Ify Foundation has since been involved in empowering the youths in different parts of Delta state of Nigeria, in this regard we decide to explore communities in Delta state to hurt for youths in their various capacity, and also where to support their small and medium scale enterprise (SME).
NEED FOR EMPOWERMENT
In the course of our study we discovered that virtually 80% of the youth in Delta sate communities needs to be empowered in one way or the other. As a matter of expedient we decided to take our gesture of humanity service of empowerment to the youth of Ika land. During this study we discovered that a high number of the youth are immigrating out of the country illegally to seek for greener pasture due to lack of empowerment.
A large number of them are on the street many others are turning to risky behaviors exposing themselves to the danger of substance abused unplanned pregnancies sexually transmitted diseases and other forms of social vices.
Most of these youth have acquired skills in terms various trades , some are gifted, talented while some have also started their trades but without good results to show fourth.
We the Azuka and Ify foundation is planning on launching "Vision 2000 by 2020". By this we target on 2000 youth to be enabled by the year 2020. To achieve this we decided to address these challenges hanging around the youths of Ika communities by employing different measures and tactics that will assist us to savage the situations, through the followings.
- We visited the 20 community youth leaders to get the statistics of their youth population.
- We did organize a town hall meeting in each of these communities to have an intensive interaction with them. At the same time we welcomed their question and also provided answers to their questions.
- We then gave out or request forms so that they can provide us with their choice of empowerment.
From the study we itemize the empowerment of the youths as follows
- Training the youths and assisting with a starter kit
- Assisting those who has started a business by engaging them with soft loans
- Conducting seminars and development programs to help those who has business to learn and know how to manage their business.
TRAINING AND ASSISTING THE YOUTHS WITH STARTER KITS
1500 youths affirms that they will see their dreams being fulfilled if we can be able to train them to acquire the skills they wish to learn. We welcomed this idea and therefore agree to achieve their dreams. But not only helping them to acquire their desire skills but also to get the starter kits for them to be able to set up their won enterprise. For us to achieve this we now design a training program that will run for 3months 6months and 1year respectively depending on the areas they want to specialize on. Here are the forms of skills they chose to be trained and the number of youths that choose a particular skill.
- 500 youths choose to learn fashion and design the cost of training an individual youth for a year is #250,000.00k (Two hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira), to get the starter kits will cost #600,000.00 (Six Hundred Thousand Naira) therefore fro 500 youth it will cost #37.5Million
- 600 youths chose to learn confectioneries the cost to train an individual youth with starter kit will be #500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) therefore cost of training 600 youth with their starter kits will be #30Million.
- 100 youth choose to learn building and construction. The cost to train an individual will be #60,000.00 (Sixty Thousand Naira) the starter tools will be #30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira) therefore to train 100 youths will cost #900,000.00 (Nine Hundred Thousand Naira)
- 50 youths chose to learn auto mobile repairs. The cost of training an individual with starter kits will be #400,000.00 (Four Hundred Thousand Naira) there for 50 youths it will be 2Million
- 20 youth chose to learn shoe making and repairs. To train an individual with starter kit will cost #450,000.00 (four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira). Therefore for 20 youth will cost 9Million.
- 30 youth chose to learn hair stylist. To train an individual with starter kit will cost #550,000.00 (Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) therefore 30 youth will cost 16.5Million
- 200 youth chose learn farming, fishery and poultry. To train and individual youth with starter kit will be #400,000.00 (Four Hundred Thousand Naira). Therefore 200 youth will cost 80Million.
EMPOWERING BY SOFT LOANS
500 youths needed financial support to assist in improving their small scale business. We agreed to support but should be based on soft loans of #500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) each. For us to assist 500 youths it will cost 250Million.
CONDUCTING SEMINARS AND PROGRAMS
We have decided to conduct seminars and programs on how to manage and develop their business with the right values and factors. This aim at providing them with the basic examples around the world that will help them to actualize their goals. Conducting such programs and seminar in 20 communities will cost #200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira)
Its worthy to note that if we can support Azuka and Ify foundation in empowering these youth will not only make them useful to themselves alone but also creating avenue for them to contribute meaningfully back to their communities country and the world at large.
In the same vain it will solve the problem of poverty violent illegal immigration alcohol and drug abuse idleness.